Java/Kotlin/Scala/Groovy back-end micro-services, Unix, Reactive Extensions, NoSQL, SQL, Cassandra, Hadoop,
Protocol Buffers, OSGi, Cucumber, Wiremock, Mockito, JUnit are some things I use writing enterprise software
Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes/ECS), Cloud, Amazon Web Service, Puppet, and Zookeeper, Jetty, Tomcat,
JBoss, Spring I know and use.
I worked at Sun Microsystems, Inc. in software engineering, then in their Java Center as a Java Consultant to their
clients (Wall Street, Silicon Valley) teaching architecture, methodology, software design, coding. Later I worked at
RedPrairie/JDA Software Group as an Engineer doing OSGi SOA, lead one new product project. I was a Senior Architect
at Packexpo, Inc..
1/10/2019-10/1/2019 Software Engineer, Arris/Commscope
- Updated the video catalog and merchandising backend originally authored by Motorola for Bouygues Telecom, France
- Java EE, WildFly, GlassFish, WebSphere, REST, Wiremock, Mockito, Postman, Wireshark.
1/1/2018-4/1/2018 Software Engineer, Comcast, Corp.
- Updated one Java system to Docker/Kubernetes, Java 11, Cucumber, Reactive Extensions, Git
1/4/2016-12/31/2017 Software Engineer, Charter Communications
- Maintained 100+ Java micro-services, added new micro-services all in Amazon Web Services
- Linux, Netflix OSS, Cassandra NoSQL, Reactive Extensions, Java 8, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2, Active MQ, Mongo, Git, Spring.
9/1/2014-1/1/2015 Software Engineer, Comcast, Corp.
- Designed and built "RxJDBC,” a Reactive Extension, RabbitMQ Message Oriented Middleware (MOM)
front to an Oracle database as part of the Resiliency Project, Java, Git.
2/1/2014-5/1/2014 Software Engineer, Tendril, Inc.
- Back-end dev-ops programmer on SOA Finagle+Protobuf+Cloud Java/Scala micro-services.
- Atlassian, Cucumber BDD, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Hibernate, Scala, Intelli-J IDEA, Git
2/1/2010-12/31/2013 Senior Software Engineer, JDA Software Group, Inc. which merged with
RedPrairie, Corp. formerly StorePerform, Inc.
- Project Lead for integration of iOS, Android mobile task system with legacy web-based system
- Here "tasks" roughly were E-mail messages enhanced for distributing and tracking business actions.
- Customers included Fortune-500 companies. Scalability, performance were significant.
- Technologies: OSGi, Gradle, Git, and Sql Server, Git, Mercurial, Subversion, CVS
- Extended and maintained legacy J2EE web-based task management system.
2008-2009 Independent Software Development Consultant & Sun Java Consultant
- Extended and maintained a JEE merchandise inventory system with MySQL DB, Java, Spring
- Customers: AmDocs, Etilize, Bell South, eBay, Frontier Airlines, Skyway
2007 Chief Operation Officer, Evolution Hosting, Inc.
- Viawest data center Linux servers for J2EE applications with Java management software, Java, Linux, VMware, Zen, Amazon Web Services
- Large number of customers including Crocks, Wells Fargo, and Hunter Douglass, among others.
2004-2007 Independent Software Development Consultant & Sun Java Consultant
- Created NIO client with could reach 100 Mb/s scale message rates.
- Created new web sites, Java
- Consulted at eBay, Frontier Airlines, Bell South, Skyway representing Sun Microsystems, Inc.
2002-2004 Senior Software Architect, Packexpo, Inc.
- Created a reporting systems for packaging advertising services.
- Maintained packaging advertising web site.
- Technologies: JBoss, Linux, MySQL, Intelli-J, BeanShell, JSP, Lzop'ed data stream
for large DB backups over NFS mounts, Java, Groovy
1999-2002 Java Consultant, Sun Java Center, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Represented Sun Microsystems, Inc. for RUP, UP, SunTone, OOA&D mentoring and J2EE coding,
Java, SCCS, Teamware, RCS, Solaris, Java
- Consulted at Citigroup, Vanguard Fiduciary Trust, Credit Suisse.
- Performed an Architecture Assessment recommending SOA and JEE which later was followed as advised.
1998-1999 Java Developer, Sun Educational Services, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Created web-based and Swing computer assisted training systems.
- Improved the performance of our custom pseudo-recursive-descent parser
template engine by adding caching of parser results and by altering
the parsing algorithm.
Education, Certifications, Patents
- Sun Certified Java Developer
- Sun Certified Java Programmer
- Patent: #6907423 Search engine interface and method of controlling client searches
- B.S. Computer Science, University of Colorado at Boulder